The Rivers State Police Command said it had charged to court 11 out of the 13 persons who were allegedly involved in the killings of four students of the University of Port Harcourt. The state Commissioner
of Police, Mr. Mohammed Ndabawa, made this known on Tuesday when the
Executive Secretary of the National Human Rights Commission, Prof. Ben
Angwe, visited the command in Port Harcourt. Ndabawa,
who was represented by the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr. Thomas
Etomi, explained that the two remaining suspects, who had not been
charged to court, would assist the police in their ongoing
investigation.
He described the killings of the students by a mob as barbaric, maintaining that there was no justification for such action. Earlier,
Angwe told the state police commissioner that they were in the state to
get information on the murder of the four students and added that the
NHRC would visit the community where the incident took place.
Promising
to visit and commiserate with parents of the deceased, Angwe said that
the commission would stand by them to ensure that justice was done in
the matter. Angwe said that the NHRC
had been getting calls from the international community on the killings
of the undergraduates, even as he urged the students to be calm and not
take laws into their hands.

No comments:
Post a Comment
WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU, PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS :)