ADVERTISE HERE

ADVERTISE HERE

Saturday 23 July 2016

Teenagers Arrested in Akwa Ibom for Possession of Human Skull


Three teenagers and a 20-year-old were on Thursday arrested by operatives of the Criminal Investigation Department of the Akwa Ibom state police command for being in possession of a human skull.

According to Vanguard, the suspects Emmanuel Edet Ikot, 17; Ubong Udong, 18; Bright Effiong Okon, 19 and Okon Ita, 20, said that were looking for a buyer.





Ikot told Vanguard that they were on their way to a native doctor to sell the skull when they were held by the community youth leader who handed them over to the police.

He said he found the skull while working at a construction site

“I was paid to cut grass and clean up an uncompleted building by one man in Oron.

As I was clearing the place, I stumbled on a human skull. I then rushed to inform my friends of what I found and in the company of those my friends, we went to pick the human skull.

After picking it, we decided to sell it, but we did not know of any possible buyer. So, it was suggested by one of us that we take it to a native doctor in Mbo.

The four of us went together but on our way, we were held by the youth leader of Mbo. “After the skull was found on me, he called the police to arrest us. That is why we are here. I have not sold human parts before,” he said.

The Akwa Ibom State Police Public Relations Officer, Delia Nwawe said the suspects would be prosecuted for justice to be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU, PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS :)