ADVERTISE HERE

ADVERTISE HERE

Thursday 27 December 2012

Lagos explosion: One killed, 15 injured



The National Emergency Management Agency on Wednesday said one person died and 15 others were injured in a fireworks-induced explosion at a warehouse in Jankara market in Lagos. It said the main victim was burnt beyond recognition.

The agency gave an update in a statement in Abuja by its Head of Public Relations Division, Alhaji Yushau Shuaib.

The statement said: “The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has confirmed a powerful explosion that occurred this morning in Lagos from a building suspected to be loaded with ‘knockouts’ brands of fireworks that are usually used during festive periods.



“The explosion which further triggered fire outbreaks within the neighboring environments occurred from a building suspected to be a warehouse for storage of electrical items at Jankara Market by Adeniji Adele in Lagos Island Local Government Council of Lagos State.

“Although the Search and Rescue Officers had hectic time to reach the densely populated area due to heavy traffic and crowds, other response agencies and volunteers mobilized were able to control the fire incidents in area with supports from residents.

“So far one human-body that was burnt beyond recognition had been recovered from the rubble of exploded area in Lagos as reported earlier.

“The recovery was made when search and rescue officers were working at the scene.

“The fire incident was triggered by suspected fireworks stored in presumed warehouse in Lagos Island. At least 15 people were treated for injuries sustained mostly from stampede during the explosion.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings I am so glad I found your webpage, I really found you by accident, while I was searching on Google for something else,
    Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a incredible post and
    a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have
    time to look over it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when
    I have time I will be back to read a great deal more,
    Please do keep up the excellent work.
    my web site > android tablet pc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know
    who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!
    Check out my weblog Lexington Law

    ReplyDelete

WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU, PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS :)