ADVERTISE HERE

ADVERTISE HERE

Wednesday 29 August 2012

England Captain Andrew Strauss Retires



England test captain Andrew Strauss has retired from all forms of cricket with immediate effect.
Strauss, 35, said during a press conference at Lord's that his decision was motivated by a drop in his batting form.
He denied it was related to the furore over Kevin Pietersen, who was axed from the side weeks ago after sending text messages to the South African team.



The decision comes after an illustrious career which saw him guide England to home and away Ashes wins and the coveted number one spot in the world rankings.

"I haven't batted well for a long time now. I knew with my own energy levels and motivation that I wasn't going to improve, batting-wise ... It's a hugely sad moment in many ways," he said.

He added: "I am extremely proud of everything I have achieved as a cricketer and I have found myself very fortunate to play in an era when some of English cricket's greatest moments have occurred. I have loved every minute of it," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU, PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS :)