ADVERTISE HERE

ADVERTISE HERE

Saturday 20 October 2012

I'm the only legal wife of my husband - Funke Akindele speaks



Nollywood screen goddess and star actress, Funke Akindele sets the records straight- "My huband has never been married," she insists in response to much of the hearsay about her marriage to Almaroof.

"I am the woman he got married to. I was married properly. Alot of negative comments came from sadists who want to run their mouths. So because I am a Youth Ambassador or Celebrity, I can't have my life?" she asks rhetorically.

It is my life. If I do things because people want me to, I will end up unhappy. I do what I do because I want to be happy. I would still continue to teach morals and campaign against HIV/AIDS and enlighten the youths. It doesn't make me bad; that is even if it is, because I can tell you authoritatively that my husband is not married to anyone else.



Yes, he has beautiful children, who are not mine now and we have a cordial relationship, which dates back to even before we got married. 'So what if he has kids? Is that a disease? That is where my heart is! I had many non-biological children even before I got married. I take them as my own children, pay their bills and help them. I have always loved children. So now that God has given me these ones, what should I do?

Will people be happier if I had married someone who didn't have children, seem so perfect, put on my make-p and fake smile on the red carpet and start weeping when I get home?' She queries a deadpan ton.

And about my in-laws, they are very wonderful and supportive and my parents and siblings as well.

Source:  Genevieve Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU, PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS :)