ADVERTISE HERE

ADVERTISE HERE

Friday 17 May 2013

"Now is the right time to finish my career" David Beckham to retire from football


After a very successful 2-decade career, David Beckham has announced his decision to retire from football at end of season. Within the space of 20 years, the 38 year-old Chinese football ambassador played for five clubs namely; Manchester United, Real Madrid, LA Galaxy, AC Milan and PSG. 

"I'm thankful to PSG for giving me the opportunity to continue but I feel now is the right time to finish my career, playing at the highest level." 

The PSG midfielder continued, "To this day, one of my proudest achievements is captaining my country. I knew every time I wore the Three Lions shirt, I was not only following in a long line of great players, I was also representing every fan that cared passionately about their country. 




Beckham who has lifted 19 trophies including 10 league titles stated, "Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love. However, I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. 
I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back. 

"I wouldn't have achieved what I have done today without my family. I'm grateful for my parents' sacrifice, which made me realise my dreams. I owe everything to Victoria and the kids, who have given me the inspiration and support to play at the highest level for such a long period."

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU, PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS :)